This type of editing will involve major rewriting of the body as it will include a rearrangements and deletion of scenes, as well as character changes. It will have a more drastic effect on the general plot to further polish the manuscript’s quality. The editor will pitch in changes on the manuscript’s tone and plot development, as well as the reworking of major and minor characters.
$0.039 per word
Content editing checks for:
- Storyline fact inconsistency
- Plot and character inconsistency: major factual errors; issues with dialogue: illogical or non-sequitur rhetoric or progression of ideas.
- Stated facts in the plot that may need permission or approval from an outside source.
- Correct wordiness, redundancy, and errors in diction.
Content Editing Categories:
- For fiction titles, the editor will focus on checking for consistency of plot details, characters, and setting.
- For nonfiction titles, the editor will focus on maintaining consistency of information and ideas and accuracy of factual assertions.
*There is a 5,000-word minimum charge for all editing services. After the advance editorial, we highly recommend that your manuscript goes through the copyediting process.
Estimated Time of Fulfillment
Two to three weeks depending on the company’s current work queue and your manuscript’s complexity.
Extensive Editorial Service can only occur during the production stage. The service is not applicable if the author’s book has already been printed or out for distribution.
How It Works:
- There will only be 1 FREE Revision
- After the 1st Revision, Standard Rate will apply.
- It is important to ensure that all corrections are sent back to us in one communication. Subsequent corrections will be charged and standard rates will apply. Please ensure to inform the author to send complete corrections in one communication.
- You must fill out out the Order Form (OF) sent by our Publishing Consultant and attach the manuscript on your reply.
- Fulfillment Team will forward the manuscript to the professional editor.
- After editing, the professional editor will forward the initial edited manuscript. You have the right to accept or reject the parts that have been modified on the original manuscript.
- Note: It is imperative that all corrections are sent back to in one communication. Subsequent corrections will be charged and standard rates will apply.
- You have to approve the final and edited manuscript
- We will send you an approval form to confirm that the Extensive Editorial Service has been fulfilled.