Line Editing focuses on the use of language in your manuscript to determine whether or not the message of your story is conveyed clearly and comprehensively. BookVenture editors will ascertain that your storyline flows in a fluid, concise and clear manner, setting the tone and style you intend to establish. The right use of language effectively results to a more vivid storytelling that stimulates the readers’ creative imagination on each scene.
$0.025 per word
Line editing checks for:
- Irrelevant or redundant words and sentences
- Run-on sentences
- Redundant statement of facts
- Poorly phrased dialogues or paragraphs
- Vague or confusing paragraphs due to lack or bad use of transitions
- Sudden change of tone and awkward wordings
- Ineffective language use
- Unnecessary narrative digressions
- Inconsistent storyline pacing
*There is a 5,000-word minimum charge for all editing services. After the advance editorial, we highly recommend that your manuscript goes through the copyediting process.
Estimated Time of Fulfillment
Two to three weeks depending on the company’s current work queue and your manuscript’s complexity.
Extensive Editorial Service can only occur during the production stage. The service is not applicable if the author’s book has already been printed or out for distribution.
- There will only be 1 FREE Revision
- After the 1st Revision, Standard Rate will apply.
- It is important to ensure that all corrections are sent back to us in one communication. Subsequent corrections will be charged and standard rates will apply. Please ensure to inform the author to send complete corrections in one communication.
How It Works:
- You must fill out out the Order Form (OF) sent by our Publishing Consultant and attach the manuscript on your reply.
- Fulfillment Team will forward the manuscript to the professional editor.
- After editing, the professional editor will forward the initial edited manuscript. You have the right to accept or reject the parts that have been modified on the original manuscript.
- Note: It is imperative that all corrections are sent back to us in one communication. Subsequent corrections will be charged and standard rates will apply.
- You have to approve the final and edited manuscript.
- We will send you an approval form to confirm that the Extensive Editorial Service has been fulfilled.