Libraries are home to countless booklovers who are all potential consumers. When your work is made available in a place filled with avid readers, there’s a higher chance of it to be picked up and read. Marketing your book in a library is just as powerful and effective as promoting it in other media platforms. In libraries, you already have a market that’s willing to invest their time in reading which drastically saves up a lot of time and effort for your campaign. Libraries also specialize in promoting independent authors; frequently hosting events to highlight and feature new writers.
BookVenture has developed Library Pitch to make it easier for published authors to extend marketing exposure to libraries, with a tactical combination of print and digital ad on three publications well-known to librarians, a book display at the ALA Book Exhibit and an intensive pitch to public libraries across the country.
- Pitch your book to an average of 3000 Collection Development Departments and Acquisition Librarians nationwide (with a focus on your local area or state) for six months
- A full page print ad in Kirkus Magazine
- Book Feature in Ingram Spotlight Ad for Adult Librarian News & Reviews
- 2 Page Book Showcase in eMagazine Advertising
- An average of 50 contacted librarians will agree to test your book
- Book display and catalog listing at the ALA Annual or Midwinter Conference
- Bookstore Returnability Program for 12 months
Note: The book should already be available in the market before the campaign is implemented. It should have a rating score of 4.2 or higher from at least 5 different reviews to become eligible for this service. If your book cannot meet the criteria, we cannot guarantee the library will buy a copy.
How It Works:
- Fill out the Order Form (OF) sent by our Marketing Consultant and attach the manuscript on your reply.
- To begin the process, you must send in all necessary details and applicable materials like your book cover design, digital copy of your book, and shop links along with the completed Order Form.
- Once all the requirements are provided, the Fulfillment Officer will then submit your materials to our Library Pitch Specialist team.
- The Fulfillment Officer will send you a schedule confirmation our Library Pitch Specialist.
- The Library Pitch Specialist Team will assist you and fulfill this campaign.
- At the end of the campaign, you will receive a copy of our Library Pitch summary report.